State of Nevada
- Update on COVID-19 testing: https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/find-covid-19-testing-in-nevada/
- Declaration of Emergency Directive: https://gov.nv.gov/News/Emergency_Orders/Emergency_Orders/
- Coronavirus Update: https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/News/Blog/Detail/corona-virus-update
Southern Nevada Health District
- Phone: (702) 759-4636
- Hours: extended Mon-Fri: 7am-7pm
** Real time data on COVID-19 cases from Nevada Department of Health and Human Services: https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjA2ZThiOWUtM2FlNS00MGY5LWFmYjUtNmQwNTQ3Nzg5N2I2IiwidCI6ImU0YTM0MGU2LWI4OWUtNGU2OC04ZWFhLTE1NDRkMjcwMzk4MCJ9
Nevada Legal Services – (Free Services)
- Services: Benefits, IRS, Consumer etc.
- Toll Free: (866) 432-0404
- Fax: (702) 388-1641
- Tenants’ Rights Center
- Phone: (702) 383-6095
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada – (Free Services)
- Phone: (702) 386-1059
- They are offering tool-kits for unemployment and debt.
Las Vegas Justice Court and Henderson Justice Court
Guidance for Tenants
- If you have concerns about being able to pay your rent, contact your landlord or management company to see what options are available.
- If you need legal assistance with eviction issues, legal resources are available on a sliding scale so that you pay what you can afford.
- Financial hardship or isolation from the coronavirus in Southern Nevada call to discuss payment options and receive support.
- Temporarily suspending customer shutoffs for delinquent and/or non-payment.
- Phone: (702) 402-5555
- Southwest Gas is able to help customers with flexible payment options who are experiencing financial hardship.
- Phone: 877-860-6020
Las Vegas Valley Water District
- The Water District will continue to work with individual customers and those facing financial hardships to establish payment arrangements and provide other customer services.
- Phone: (702) 870-4194
Internet CenturyLink, & Cox Communication
- Cox: Connect2Compete customers will receive their first month of service free, which is normally available to qualified low-income households with a K-12 student in the home for $9.95/month.
- Service’s speed from 25/3 Mbps to 50/3 Mbps for 60 days.
YMCA (Free) Food Sites
- Monday-Friday: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- For all ages *Individuals do not have to be Y members to participate.
- Bill & Lillie Heinrich YMCA | 4141 Meadows Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89107
- Durango Hills YMCA | 3521 N Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89129
- Sky View YMCA | 3050 E Centennial Parkway, North Las Vegas, NV 89081
- Phone: (702) 644-3663
United Way of Southern Nevada
- COVID-19 resource page: https://www.uwsn.org/COVID19
Clark County School District Food Distribution
Distribution will be at the following locations:
- Bridger, Jim MS
- Cram, Brian and Teri MS
- Faiss, Wilbur and Theresa MS
- Guinn, Kenny C. MS
- Johnston, Carroll MS
- Lied STEM Academy MS
- Mack, Jerome MS
- Molasky, Irwin and Susan JHS
- Desert Pines HS
Days of operation (Check times on website above):
- Wednesday – 3 days worth of meals will be provided
- Friday – 2 days worth of meals will be provided
Service will begin approximately 15-30 minutes after the school dismissal for one hour.
Department of Health and Human Services: Division of Welfare and Support Services
- Food Assistance (SNAP or WIC)
- North Las Vegas toll-free: (866) 614-9667
- Las Vegas toll-free: (866) 704-4859
- Cash Assistance (TANF)
- Medical and Child Care Assistance (Access Nevada)
- Phone: (702) 486-1646
- *Spanish Speaker Friendly Online application*
Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation(DETR)
- To file a claim call: (702) 486-0350
- Insurance Appeals Office: (702) 486-7933
- More information about this program at: http://ui.nv.gov/ Additionally, a comprehensive handbook is available here:http://ui.nv.gov/PDFs/UI_Claimants_Handbook.pdf
- Doors are closed to the public but online services are still available at: https://nevadajobconnect.com/Page/Career_Centers
Small Business Assistance
Small Business Administration
- Low interest federal disaster loans for working capital to Nevada small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus.
Small Business Administration Disaster Loans
- As of March 18, these loans are now available to small businesses all across Nevada. The current rate is 3.75% for for-profit businesses and 2.25% for nonprofit organizations. The maximum amount is $2 million,and the loan term may be extended up to thirty years.
Small Business Counseling
- Owners are encouraged to reach out to receive guidance and support in matters related to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Nevada SBA District, call: (702) 388-6611
- SCORE, call: (702) 388-6104
Southern Nevada Health District
- 3 Drive-thru COVID testing locations
- Available to the public
- No out of pocket cost in addition to their Concierge Service
- No need for an appointment
- Can register at arrival
- *Entire process designed to take less than 4 minutes
Mental Health Services
If you or someone you care about is feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, utilize these confidential and free resources that are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call: 911
- Call: 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or text HOME to 741-741 for Crisis Text Line
- Call: 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678-678 for The Trevor Project (for LGBTQ youth)
- Call: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22-522 to connect with The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Call: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66-746 for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s)Disaster Distress Hotline
Substance Misuse Services
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Faces and Voices of Recovery (FAVOR)
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Free daily courses for students from Pre-kindergarten to grades 6th and higher
- 20 minute Facebook live workouts that won’t require any equipment.
Department of Motor Vehicles
- Online & Appointment only https://dmvnv.com/onlineservices.htm
- Approximately only 1,000+ slots available per day at the DMV in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Clark County Library District (& Henderson Libraries)
- Website: https://lvccld.org/
- 333 Las Vegas Boulevard South
- Suite 8016, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- P: (702) 388-5020
- F: (702) 388-5030