Dear Service Providers, Staff, and Others: Nevada is looking at the possibility of a certification process for Prevention Specialists and Peer Recovery. We need your input on whether to proceed forward with this process. Please take 5 minutes to complete one or both of the surveys. One is for Prevention Specialists and one is for Peer Recovery. The links should open directly to the surveys but you can also copy and paste into your browser.
We will be closing this survey next Friday, June 17 and VALUE your input. I know we are all over surveyed but would appreciate your time in completing these.
Thanks in advance,
Linda Lang, NV Statewide Coalition Partnership
On April 16th, 2016. 9:00am-12:00pm you have the chance to get a better understanding of the misuse of prescription drugs. Check out the link to find out more information here.
Controller and Grants Manager
Las Vegas based public charity is seeking a Controller/grants manager with non-profit experience, preferably in the social service or healthcare field. This position will be responsible for the smooth financial operation of the agency, from day to day accounting, to management reporting, to the development of effective internal controls. The Controller /grants manager will create long and short term financial plans and budgets, and manage all aspects of the organization’s grants and contracts. In addition, the Controller /grants manager will oversee the HR function to include compensation, benefits, and hiring. The Controller /grants manager will directly monitor grant recipients. The ideal candidate must have strong accounting experience and QuickBooks Software knowledge. Computer skills a must.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee month end close, journal entries, financial analysis, and reconciliation reporting.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor budgets, purchase requests, accounts payables, and cost reimbursement invoices.
- Prepare and publish detailed financial analysis reports to demonstrate cash flow positions and profitability. Payroll.
- Monitor grant recipients.
- Oversee AR, AP, GL, bank reconciliation, deposits, and analysis for multiple organizations.
- Oversee HR functions including compensation, benefits, training, and hiring.
- 5 plus years experience in Nonprofit accounting, HR, and related functions.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with reporting tools; i.e. Quickbooks, Excel, MS Access, other reporting tools.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. Strict drug-free environment
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
PACT Coalition for Safe and Drug Free Communities
Clark County, Nevada
Position Description: Program Coordinator
Qualifications: Degree in human services, public health, social work, public administration or related field plus two years’ experience, or commensurate combination of education and experience. Experience in substance abuse prevention, community organizing, adolescent health, youth development, coalition building, and program development, management and evaluation. Familiarity with science-based prevention programming. Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate and collaborate with cross-sector community coalitions. Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations. Comfortable creating curriculum, presenting and public speaking with large audiences.
Bilingual and bicultural preferred.
Must be available for evening and weekend work as needed.
Development experience preferred.
Responsible to: Executive Director, PACT Coalition for Safe and Drug Free Communities
Duties & Responsibilities: The Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination and
development of the PACT Coalition Partnership for Success Program, including but not limited to:
- Provide leadership in developing effective community-wide programming, and participate in local, regional, and statewide planning and coordination meetings.
- Create separate curriculums for parents, youth, adult and senior populations relating to prescription drug abuse
- Work with medical community educating on safe medicine practices.
- Work with lawmakers to educate on drug abuse and safer laws.
- Present to groups of all ages on drug abuse
- Attend coalition meetings across the valley to further prescription drug abuse education
- Establish and maintain productive and effective relationships with other substance abuse prevention coalitions in Clark County and Nevada and partner organizations.
- Coordinate peer leadership trainings for youth leaders.
- Coordinate or oversee workshops, trainings, conferences and other coalition activities.
- Promote, develop and implement culturally competent, science-based drug prevention and youth development practices.
- Become Mental Health First Aid trainer certified
- Multiple agency coordination planning, implementing and evaluating special events.
- Must have access to reliable, dependable transportation
Please submit cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org