PACT Coalition for Safe and Drug Free Communities
Clark County, Nevada
Position Description: Program Coordinator
Qualifications: Degree in human services, public health, social work, public administration or related field plus two years’ experience, or commensurate combination of education and experience. Experience in substance abuse prevention, community organizing, adolescent health, youth development, coalition building, and program development, management and evaluation. Familiarity with science-based prevention programming. Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate and collaborate with cross-sector community coalitions. Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations. Comfortable creating curriculum, presenting and public speaking with large audiences.
Bilingual and bicultural preferred.
Must be available for evening and weekend work as needed.
Development experience preferred.
Responsible to: Executive Director, PACT Coalition for Safe and Drug Free Communities
Duties & Responsibilities: The Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination and
development of the PACT Coalition Partnership for Success Program, including but not limited to:
- Provide leadership in developing effective community-wide programming, and participate in local, regional, and statewide planning and coordination meetings.
- Create separate curriculums for parents, youth, adult and senior populations relating to prescription drug abuse
- Work with medical community educating on safe medicine practices.
- Work with lawmakers to educate on drug abuse and safer laws.
- Present to groups of all ages on drug abuse
- Attend coalition meetings across the valley to further prescription drug abuse education
- Establish and maintain productive and effective relationships with other substance abuse prevention coalitions in Clark County and Nevada and partner organizations.
- Coordinate peer leadership trainings for youth leaders.
- Coordinate or oversee workshops, trainings, conferences and other coalition activities.
- Promote, develop and implement culturally competent, science-based drug prevention and youth development practices.
- Become Mental Health First Aid trainer certified
- Multiple agency coordination planning, implementing and evaluating special events.
- Must have access to reliable, dependable transportation
Please submit cover letter and resumes to email@example.com