Controller and Grants Manager
Las Vegas based public charity is seeking a Controller/grants manager with non-profit experience, preferably in the social service or healthcare field. This position will be responsible for the smooth financial operation of the agency, from day to day accounting, to management reporting, to the development of effective internal controls. The Controller /grants manager will create long and short term financial plans and budgets, and manage all aspects of the organization’s grants and contracts. In addition, the Controller /grants manager will oversee the HR function to include compensation, benefits, and hiring. The Controller /grants manager will directly monitor grant recipients. The ideal candidate must have strong accounting experience and QuickBooks Software knowledge. Computer skills a must.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee month end close, journal entries, financial analysis, and reconciliation reporting.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor budgets, purchase requests, accounts payables, and cost reimbursement invoices.
- Prepare and publish detailed financial analysis reports to demonstrate cash flow positions and profitability. Payroll.
- Monitor grant recipients.
- Oversee AR, AP, GL, bank reconciliation, deposits, and analysis for multiple organizations.
- Oversee HR functions including compensation, benefits, training, and hiring.
- 5 plus years experience in Nonprofit accounting, HR, and related functions.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with reporting tools; i.e. Quickbooks, Excel, MS Access, other reporting tools.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. Strict drug-free environment
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com